Friday, May 30, 2014

Sewing=happiness

I made a quilt!  All by myself!
I bought this fabric just before Alec was born, so that means it's been waiting for six and a half years to be made into a baby blanket.  Fortunately, I had another baby.  Unfortunately, he's already a year old and growing fast.  He can use it next winter.
Over the course of raising three babies, I have actually gotten super tired of the zoo/farm/Noah's ark/etc. animal motif that is so prevalent on baby boy clothes and accessories.  But this Alexander Henry fabric is so fab in design and color scheme that I love it anyway.
 "Make a quilt" has been on my bucket list for a few years now, and I'm excited to cross it off, even if half of my corners look like this:
 Finished just in time to wrap my baby in flannel on this 87 degree day.  Heh.

No comments:

Post a Comment