Monday, August 14, 2017

Accidental retro weekend

Half of our family went on an out of town trip this weekend, while half of us stayed behind. I was in the stay behind group, and as I scrolled through my phone yesterday, reviewing the weekend, I realized it was full of awesome retro things.

I took two of the kids to our favorite candy shop, where they were well stocked with both Bleeps and Tart N Tinys. Here's all I've got left:

Apparently in 1996 they made a Tart N Tinys mini connect four game! 

Down the street from the candy shop was a gift shop. Even though I had two little boys with me, I was able to pop in and spend a few minutes browsing. Luckily the shop had quirky and irreverent things with Ninja Turtles, Star Wars, and the like to keep them interested. Here's what I loved, pincushions made with old teacups and other vintage goodies:


We went to Target, where I spotted this unbelievable unicorn lamp:

On Saturday we completed this 1000 piece puzzle full of retro games:

And finally, another heartbreaker to add to the "things I desperately wanted to buy at a thrift shop" list:
Whoa. Those are the gold lamé ruffles of my Jem fever dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment