Friday, July 29, 2022

13 states in 3 weeks, part 2

Some more fun things:

Thread in my mom's sewing room, arranged in  ROYGBIV order.

Another mid-century church design, this one my parents' congregation.


Theo learning how to use the riding lawnmower, while his grandpa chills in the background and his anxious mother follows him repeating, "not too fast!..."

This horse, which had one eyebrow hair that was like 4" long, was pretty much the only bright spot at an ill-fated Airbnb rental. We left within 17 hours of arrival.

Gorgeous view, though.

Cleverly defaced no smoking sign.


Water park.

Bowling.

Donuts.

Playground.

Fruit shortcakes for 21 people.

Measuring to see who is taller: me or my growing-by-the-hour 14 year old. In this picture, taken 12 days ago, we seemed to be even. But I think he's passed me now.

Giant elephant ears that could easily work as umbrellas.

Finally, the gallery of vintage things I wanted to buy but didn't buy.

Scrabble junior with a beautiful, colorful border.

Amazing rainbow of Pyrex dishes.


Pantyhose with fantastic packaging.

Sooo tempted by this painting. Figured it might get ruined on the trip home in our crowded van.

Love this clock, wish it weren't for a cigarette brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment