Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Sculpture garden

I met some friends at the Umlauf Sculpture Garden a couple weeks ago.  It was almost too hot and muggy to fully appreciate it, but it is a lovely collection.  Looking at the three photos I took, I feel they paint a fairly complete picture of my life at this moment.

This is exactly where we are in baby development: fold oneself in half; proceed to eat own toes.

The title of this next one is something about war or refugees, and I certainly don't want to make light of the subject matter.  But if you added a couple rowdy boys chasing each other around with sticks and screaming for food in the background, then that exhausted, defeated mom is me at least once every day.

But it's balanced out by this peaceful, serene moment.  I experience this often between the hours of 8 and 3 on school days.

No comments:

Post a Comment