Friday, September 21, 2018

Living vicariously

Please enjoy this delightful guest post to start your weekend. My sister toured the Biltmore grounds yesterday to see the Chihuly exhibit there. Thanks, Rachel, for sharing your pictures!

(Note: I was about to publish this and then had second thoughts about being all, "Ooh, look, pretty stuff!"  when there is so much destruction right now in other parts of North Carolina. I just made a small donation through Google, who says they will match up to the first million dollars. Feel free to go do the same if you like, before checking out all this delicious glass.)

 


They had succulents too! If I had to choose between colorful glass and succulents, I'm not sure which would prevail.


But the main attraction here is the glass, so let's get some more of that:
 





This one makes me think of my white Christmas tree. It's like it's calling from not too far away: "Only 95 more days until Christmas..."



 
There are not enough heart-eye emoji for how I feel about this. I am at this moment drawing up plans to convert my front yard into a lily pad pond with a giant canoe full of colorful glass orbs. I'm sure my homeowners association will approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment