Sunday, December 29, 2013

Bad ideas

We took our kids to the Trail of Lights on December 20th.  Yep, the last Friday before Christmas, two days before it closed down for the season.  It was just as insane as you would expect.  Approximately half of Austin walked through that entrance tunnel with us--a slow, plodding crush of humanity that was actually a little depressing.
Also, we were apparently not the only ones to think, "Let's go eat at Chuy's first, and then we can just walk down there right when it opens," because Chuy's was insane as well.

The next day I went to the post office to mail a few packages.

Yep, the last Saturday before Christmas, I headed to the post office.  Walked in about five minutes before closing time.  That experience actually turned out to be far less painful than I anticipated, so bravo, USPS!  May you not go bankrupt in 2014, because boy do I love sending and receiving honest-to-goodness mail, even if it is only at Christmas time.

Oh, I also waited until the afternoon of Christmas Eve to go grocery shopping.  Maybe "become a person who plans ahead" should top my list of New Year's resolutions.

Ah, well.  I hope you had a lovely Christmas week.  

To end on a good note, here is a bit of my favorite art and music for the season.

Gift of the Magi by Squirrel Nut Zippers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xiB8VSytAnE

No comments:

Post a Comment