Thursday, January 2, 2014

Happy New Year!

I love making New Year's resolutions.  I don't have a full idea of my goals for the year quite yet, but one of them is definitely to cut back on internet browsing time.  I decided to cut out facebook entirely for the month of January and think about how I want to spend my time going forward.

Another goal is not to yell any more.  Progress on that one is going to have to be measured in small increments, because after success yesterday, I had a big fail at 6:45 this morning.  The art of living is getting back up, right?

In my creative life, I'm interested in working with different materials.  Hello, wool roving!  
Purchased yesterday at Hobby Lobby, and already made into a few felted beads by following these instructions.   It's a good project to do alone or with kids, as long as they know up front that the fun is in the process as much as the end result.  You roll and roll and roll and end up with one small ball at a time.
Maybe if I spend all my newly freed up facebook time, by the end of January I'll have enough felt beads to make a necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment