Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Eye candy: part 3 of 5

Today's eye candy is a bunch of pink things!  Lately I find that I'm gravitating toward pink, which is unusual for me.  Maybe it's a subconscious reaction to being around all these boys?

I bought this metal wall decor thingie on clearance at JoAnn a couple years ago, and naturally it was in beige, because even though I love color, I somehow always buy beige stuff.  So I finally bought some bright pink spray paint and gave it a makeover.  It turns out spray painting is kind of addictive.
My doormat had long ago lost its vibrant color, so I pinked up the sad black flowers with the same spray paint.
Behind the mystery man in the Napoleon Dynamite "Pedro" wig, you can see a painting I've been working on that has many shades of pink.
Speaking of wigs...pink hair!!!  This was at camp a couple years ago.  I was Black Widow in an Avengers skit that the leaders did, and this was the closest we could get to her maroon hair.  It's not close at all; I know.  I resemble Scarlett Johansson about as much as Smurfette resembles Mystique.
I am powerless against a laminated canvas Fossil zipper pouch with a clearance price tag.  Powerless, I tell you.  In related news, I'm sorting a lot of handbags and, ahem, zipper pouches into the Craigslist pile, so if you are a local friend in need of a new purse, let me know if you want to shop my closet.
I've saved the best for last: my beautiful pink glass dish.  I bought it at an antique store years ago and just recently took it out of storage.  It's a bit risky setting it out with a toddler on the loose, but it's too lovely to sit in a box for another decade.
Have you had enough pink?  Do you feel like you overdosed on Pepto Bismol?  Tomorrow's eye candy will not be so sweet, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment