Saturday, April 11, 2015

5 and 6 of 10: Necklace and painted frame

I've had this necklace 80% finished for about a year. Now it's done!
I love the idea of an off-center necklace, but in practice, it is difficult to get the weight to balance correctly. I'm going to have to road test this one to see if that leaf stays put or twists around and falls to the bottom.
Next up is a frame that I've had for years and always disliked the colors. I know that the shabby chic aesthetic had its moment in the sun, but was barn red and minty toothpaste green ever a good pairing? I say no.
I used cheap craft paints and covered up my least favorite shades with blues, greens, and gold. Now I love it.
This frame holds a bunch of pictures from our European backpacking adventure of so many years ago. Here's Matt pretending to dance with me in front of the "you are sixteen, going on seventeen" gazebo in Austria. Yep, we took the Sound of Music tour. It was cheesy and fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment