Thursday, February 7, 2013

Hearts

I don't usually decorate for Valentine's Day, but the kids seem to appreciate it, and it made a fun project for Alec and me to work on together.  We took a huge piece of paper Matt had brought home from the recycling bin at work and painted it in different reds & pinks.  We used an empty toilet paper roll dipped in white paint for the circles.
Once the paint was dry, we drew as many hearts as we could squeeze on the page, cut them out, and stuck them onto the wall with removable sticky tack.
Painting is so satisfying to me.  In fact, I had a hard time letting Alec do much of it, since I had a vision of the end result that I wanted.  It's probably not doing much for my kids' creative development to work wih a mom who is sort of a control freak.
We call it an installation.  It feels very sophisticated that way.


1 comment:

  1. I really like how you arranged them on the wall; installation is an appororiate description :)

    ReplyDelete