Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Three long months to go

I have no intention of making this a pregnancy/new baby blog.  In fact, I’m consciously trying to make it as kid-free as possible, just to have something separate from my mom life.  But please allow me a moment to complain.  This baby that I’m cooking up has exactly three more months until his or her due date.  Yesterday I went to babycenter.com to show the boys what our little one looks like.  I read something along the lines of, “As you transition into your third trimester, you may notice new symptoms.  In addition to back pain, you may start to have leg cramps, which can be worse at night.” 
When I read that I thought to myself, “Oh, right, the leg cramps.  Those are the worst.”  And then what do you think woke me up at 5:00 this morning?  A massive, blindingly painful leg cramp. 
Oh, babycenter, I suddenly have a newfound respect for your accuracy.  Now, where's the section on looking fantastic when you are hugely pregnant?  I think wearing that amazing dress, plus hanging out with Jack Black, would make me feel a little better about my assorted aches and pains.

No comments:

Post a Comment