Friday, November 8, 2013

Bandit

This is Bandit.  He was our family dog starting around 1995.  I love this picture so much, because it's got little Bando, plus my baby brother and that fantastic purple Geo Metro.
Here he is reaching for a treat from my Grandma.  He's pretty much a fur-covered skeleton, right?  But he was a sweet dog, the perfect addition to a couch nap, curled up in the crook of your knees.
I'm thinking of him this morning because of this conversation I just had with my boys.

A: Hey Mom, is there a dog that's really big and all grey?

Sarah: Are you thinking of a greyhound?

A: What's that?

Sarah: It's a big dog that can run really fast.  Remember Grandma & Grandpa's dog, Bandit?  He was a miniature one.  So there's regular sized greyhounds, and then he was a mini.

M: He was a Snickers fun size.

No comments:

Post a Comment