Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Book of cards

I was just telling a friend yesterday that the real reason I make stuff is to avoid doing actual chores like dishes and laundry.  Here's what form my procrastination took today.  (Yes, there are still a few remnants of Christmas scattered throughout our house.  I'm really hoping to get those bins closed up this weekend so that Matt can put them in the attic for me by the start of February.)
Our Christmas cards went from this:
 to this:
It's not my original idea.  I saw it on Pinterest or someone's blog.  In the past I have chopped the cards up and made scrapbook-type pages out of them, but this method is faster, plus more fun for the kids to flip through.
And for good measure, I did a little decoupaging instead of sorting that ever-present pile of mail and school papers.
The M stands for "Maybe we'll have leftovers tonight."

1 comment:

  1. I like that idea for saving cards! Quick and effective :)

    ReplyDelete