Friday, January 3, 2014

DIY Christmas gifts

I did a few projects for this year's Christmas gifts.

Kelly saw the canvas that the boys and I painted last month and requested one for herself.



I used my friend's wood burning tool to customize the handles of these silicone spatulas.  I first saw the idea here about a year ago.





After we went to the state fair in October, I printed out a couple snapshots of Big Tex for the boys.  They liked having their own copies, which gave me the idea of making them their own photo books.  I spent several hours on each one, and I sort of hoped that on Christmas morning they would unwrap the books, cast aside all their other presents, and pore over every page.  It didn't happen quite like that, but I think they liked them.




No comments:

Post a Comment