Sunday, July 9, 2017

Quick trip to San Antonio

Autumn and I have been friends since she invited me to her bowling/slumber party birthday in middle school. I love her so much, and I was thrilled to hear that she was coming to San Antonio for a professional conference this weekend. I promptly invited myself to visit her for dinner and a sleepover.
Friendships are strengthened over enchiladas and Mexican pastries.

Wow! A geode as tall as me.

When Autumn left for her morning meetings, I stayed back at the hotel and cried my way through the end of a sad book, as I mentioned in the Day 9 Journal challenge post, and then I pulled myself together and explored the Hemisfair grounds. I'm a sucker for mosaics, and I hit the jackpot here.

Such a great park for kids! It's called Yanaguana Garden; 
definitely check it out if you visit San Antonio!




This installation was inside a hotel on the Riverwalk. 
We will almost certainly attempt to copy it at the Morse house.

Tower of the Americas



The next few pictures are outside the Mexican Cultural Institute




These awesom pastel drawings were at a shop in the La Villita complex

Huge mosaic of a Riverwalk scene in the hotel lobby

Pretty things at the antique mall

And finally, a beautiful mirror in Autumn's hotel. 
I don't usually covet furnishings in hotels, but apparently I just don't stay in very stylish hotels.

No comments:

Post a Comment